Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Some Feedback

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 03:59 PM)
MangoSteph
First Poster
Options

I've been an android user all my life. I currently own the galaxy s10+ and have been looking forward to the release of the s21 so I can upgrade. With each upgrade I've ever had, I've always noticed that the quality in icons and phone transitions haven't changed at all. I'm always forced to make my phone "better" by buying an icon pack, getting a launcher, searching vigorously for a good quality wallpaper through all the *****ty wallpaper apps. The Theme's store is a great idea, but it's honestly filled with a lot of junk themes, it's like no one is filtering the content being published in the theme's store. Just about anything can be published there, there needs to be a better standard or judge for the Theme store content. About 3 years ago I started working at a company whose CEO is an apple fanatic. We have everything apple in the office, so I was forced to learn how to operate an apple device. I can say after 3 years I can now see why people love Apple devices. I even started wanting to get an apple phone so I could be apart of the famous apple eco system, since everyone I work with owns an apple phone and is always on imessage, and using the cloud to share information, and facetime their friends/family all the time. I started wanting that. All of apple's stock options on their phones are seamless, the option to change it wasn't there, because it was fine as it was. The icons, the transitions, and they are even now making it more customizable (which was Android's staple). I got an iphone 11 for 2 weeks, but then decided to stick to Android and got the s10+ (I didn't want to give up on Samsung). I'm constantly watching YouTube videos for Samsung's next latest flagship device. The technology is incredible, but it's not well refined. Android's stock features and options need to be better, smoother, nicer to look at at first glace. Not everyone knows about launchers, icon packs, widgets, etc. Some people (apple users) just want a device that's easy and ready to use. Samsung really needs a better ecosystem. I've seen about every review video on the s21 and am disappointed to see the same icons, same feel of the phone while you're navigating through. My phone is still awaiting the One UI 3 update, but none of that has changed much (from what I've seen in YouTube reviews). The phone looks outdated once you turn it on and dive in. The google play store is filled with apps that cause a lot spam and unwanted ads. Low quality apps. Social media is not as fun to use on Androids as it is on iphones. The merchandise available for Samsung phones is not as nice and creative as the merch available for iphones. I want to stick to Android to see all of these things get better, but I feel like I'm being forced to switch to apple as I see everyone else apart of a seamless and fun ecosystem (apple). Messaging is a lot more fun on apple (THEY EVEN HAVE BETTER EMOJI'S AVAILABLE), there's location sharing, better apps, stock options on apple are great, social media is better, down to the merch available for apple devices is better. There's an actual ecosystem. If you go into YouTube and search "Samsung Ecosystem" there is literally nothing there! I've searched over and over hoping to find some undiscovered treasure, but I did not. That is sad, Samsung. Whoever gets this probably wont read it and if you do, I'm sorry if this is offensive. But I just want to help, I don't want to leave Android, and I will still be purchasing the Galaxy s21, because I am a loyal customer. That is all.

P.S. I didn't know where to send this feedback, so just figured I'd try this.

3 REPLIES 3
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
it won't be seen by any Samsung officials here. this is a user run forum. you're best sending an email to customer service
0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
via EMAIL not via the group 🤣🤣
they're just fobbing you off
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@MangoSteph , Aaargh! Wall-of-text alert! 😛😄

And interesting. 🤔 I made the switch the other way around for work, and wouldn't go back. (I was an iPhone user before - an iPhone 4s, specifically.)

I think there's been a fair bit of consideration of a wider seamless Samsung ecosystem at Samsung over recent years (stuff like SmartThings support being added across a range of Samsung products for example), along with devices that are easier and readier to use. Of course, there's the matter of balancing all that with the flexibility Android users have always enjoyed. 😉