Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Samsung Gallery after OneUI 3 Update

(Topic created on: 13-01-2021 11:28 PM)
FormalRS
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Since the OneUI 3 update the Samsung Gallery app seems to have removed a few really helpful features that I relied upon (among a variety of other performance issues from the update).

The face recognition in the Gallery app is still working, but now doesn't show you what face is being recognised! Previously, it would have the '?' or the name showing below the face, however it now has nothing to indicate who in photos is actually being recognised.

Secondly is tagging. Previously when you added tags to an image, they would show if you went into the 'Details' section. After the update, there are no tags shown anywhere in the images info sections.
The actual tagging still works, as I can see newly tagged images in the search, however I cannot tell which images have already been tagged if I am looking at the image itself, without having to try adding a tag and seeing if it says they are already added.

Any idea if these are bugs, or are Samsung having a moment and removing basic features for the sake of it?

Also, if it is Samsung, please tell me there's a way to revert to the previous version...

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
ConnorMoose
Apprentice
Options
I miss the face tagging feature too
0 Likes