Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for the one ui 5

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 11:33 AM)
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
Basically you know how you have in apple that when you install an app or game from the app store, can you try adding a feature like that to samsung devices but with face recognition and face recognition for apps you want to put security on. 
And for the idea I am saying, I want to make it compatible for every samsung tablets and phone all of S and A series.
For one ui 5 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AntS
Options

Hi @BOB129 , Cheers!

Just to clarify, are you wanting face recognition as a security option for downloading and installing apps, and the option to add face recognition to any app that can be installed? If not, can you explain your idea a little more? (Feel free to post any links to support articles about it too if if the idea exists on another brand's devices and if that helps with any explanation! 🙂)

0 Likes
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
Yes what your trying to say is absolutely right, and with every S and A tablet, phone series.
And you know for the face recognition as a lock can you do like a animation for when your face is recognised and it unlocks. Just like what apple has done.

And meaning by every s and a tablet, phone series is that no phone or tablet from A and s series is not left example tab s6 lite, tab a7, tab s7fe, a12 you get the point

And because we're here, is it possible for tab s6 lite to get fingerprint scanner through an update like one ui 5 if you could
0 Likes
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
Reply back to me when ever possible
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Cheers @BOB129!

There are going to be hardware limitations on what can be done for existing devices – including adding fingerprint scanning capability to a Tab 6 Lite. 😉

But I've pitched your face recognition suggestions in a more general way at our developers. Me or one of the other moderators will let you know what they say when they reply.

0 Likes
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
Cheers
Will you reply on here and also will my suggestions about the face recognition work.
And I don't understand the first part you said about hardware limitations
0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries, @BOB129  - and we'll keep you updated on your suggestions in this thread. 

@BOB129 wrote:
And I don't understand the first part you said about hardware limitations

It might not be possible to add a feature to a particular device if the hardware (e.g. sensors, chipset specification etc.) needed to support it isn’t on that particular device. It’s an extreme example to show what I mean, but think along the lines of if a phone without a camera can be given the ability to take photos and video just by a software update alone. 

0 Likes
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
So your trying to say that the tab s6 lite needs the hardware specifications in order to get fingerprint scanner over the update
0 Likes
BOB129
Journeyman
Options
Hi, so has there been a response for the idea of the face recognition
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @BOB129 , Response has just come in!

The developers have advised that they'll be looking for more folks out there who'd like your face recognition suggestions (or similar) before considering implementing them. So I'd encourage anyone who does like your suggestions to say so here.