Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon shape and size customisation

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 12:59 PM)
Nick1962
Apprentice
Options

Realme, Oneplus, oppo...they all seem to be able to offer the ability to reshape their icons and then shrink or enlarge their size. I'm sorry but samsung should be able to offer the same. the default Samsung icons look like toy town things or are for people with really poor eyesight. come on sammy...lets have an update that will allow this customisation.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I agree it would be nice to add more options in the software to customize things like icons and layouts... after all that is what Android is all about, have you tried different launchers from the play store? I've not used it but sounds like something like Nova Launcher may interest you.
0 Likes
Nick1962
Apprentice
Options
Nova isn't fully compatible with android 10...and to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of using 3rd party anything! Rather use stock. I really hate the stock Samsung icons and the theme store has nothing that fully covers all app icons...some change and other icons are in their original shape...i hate that. I want all icons to be uniform. I'm a bit of an ocd with that 🤣
AndrewL
Options

@Nick1962: If you tap and hold on an empty area of your Home screen > Themes > Icons, there are some alternate options available here. To change the size of the icons, head to Settings > Display > Home Screen > Home Screen Grid, and change this accordingly. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Nick1962
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thanks for messaging. I've searched themes for months and cannot find any icons that change ALL the icons on screen. Re grid changes, I've tried that as well but all that does is change the space between the icons, not the icon sizes themselves. I have absolutely no idea why there is no simple, round, medium sized icon pack. I just hope someone from the Samsung developer team reads this and does something. I can't be the only Sammy user with this issue...or am I?
0 Likes