Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I can't download anything because an app won't update

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 01:49 PM)
tjmooree
Student
Options

Gmail has been stuck on the pending status for like 2 weeks now, and wheng I try to cancel the update, the Play Store just freezes and I have to close and reopen the Play Store app. I can't download any apps because I can't download anything whilst an app is updating. How do I get it to finally update or cancel the update?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
bruunduun
Navigator
Options
Can you not delete the app though the phone settings?
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@tjmooree: Have you tried completing the update using an alternate Wi-Fi router, or via Mobile Data (if allowed in Play Store > Tap your profile in the top right > Settings > Network preferences). If so, close the Play Store and head to Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache > Clear data, then restart your device to see if this helps. In the event that the issue is storage related, try uninstalling some apps you no longer use to free up some space for the Gmail download. 

Solution
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Clear cache and clear data on the playstore app in your phone settings. Settings>Apps>Google Playstore>Storage> clear cache and clear data. Then relaunch the app.
I had that problem some time back and it sorted it for me.
tjmooree
Student
Options

No, Google apps and Facebook came pre-installed on my Samsung and I am unable to delete them.

0 Likes
ryan666
First Poster
Options

Try Appisfree to directly download the APK and update it.

0 Likes