Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge issue with DeX keyboard input I cannot resolve

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 09:18 AM)
Dichou
First Poster
Options

Hay, 
I've just bought Samsung S20, portable monitor and so on...for the sole reason to use Samsung DeX...

...only to find out that I cannot use proper on-screen typing input. 

You see...Bulgarian language has at least 3 different keyboard language input versions:
1) Bulgarian traditional (used by less than 1% of population)
2) Bulgarian phonetic (used by at least 98% of population)
3) Bulgarian BDS (used by less than 1% of population)

And they differ  from each other for like 99% of the keys. It's not like English UK and English US where you have 2 or 3 keys switched. It's like you have ALL of your keys on different places. 

...of course on EVERY smartphone I can easily switch between these 3 different keyboard layouts so I can type let's say on "Bulgarian phonetic". 

I can do that on my 1000$ Samsung S20 too...

...BUT ONLY ON THE PHONE ITSELF, NOT ON DEX. 

For any reason, unknown by me, Samsung Dex switches to Bulgarian BDS and leaves me with no option to switch it back to Bulgarian phonetic...

Basically that means I spend 1000$ on a phone and 300$ on a portable touch screen monitor...and I can not even use search engine on my preferred language keyboard layout. No Word text, no messaging, nothing...

And Bulgaria may be not the best place to be...but it's EU member nation and we have Samsung heavily marketed here...
I can not even imagine what's the situation with third world country languages and keyboard inputs. 

So...any help on the issue would be much appreciated. 
Or...anyone interested on buying back my DeX configuration so I can be saved from my huge 1300$ mistake choosing Samsung 😞 

4 REPLIES 4
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Are you using a physical keyboard with your dex set up?
0 Likes
Beiollyi
Explorer
Options
I'm so sorry to hear that dude sorry but I don't know how to solve that problem
0 Likes
PolNaidenoff
First Poster
Options

Sorry, but 99% of the people in Bulgaria used Bulgarian TRADITIONAL phonetic

lachobal
Student
Options

You could try More Physical Keyboard Layouts. It works great for me with a physical keyboard in DeX.

0 Likes