Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the Samsung internet "trending searches"/suggestions appearing on Google start page?

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 11:01 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Samsung galaxy 7edge 

Samsung internet

Hey. Can someone tell me how to remove the annoying Samsung internet "trending searches" / suggestions which have appeared on my Google start page.

For some reason  on Samsung internet you can't access settings which is where the option should be to disable this.

Can anyone advise how to disable this please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Members_NUb9Wbb
First Poster
Options

Go to Google browser homepage. 

At the bottom of the page  click on 'settings'.

A tab opens, click on 'search settings'.

Scroll down until you see 'auto-complete with trending searches'.

Select the option 'do not show popular searches'.

It takes a few minutes for things to change.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Great I never knew settings was all the way down there haha but it hasn't changed it yet. Does it take a while ? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

It's the random trending searches I wish to remove...not popular searches...I've had this internet for 4 years and it appeared this week for first time...:(

0 Likes
R_B_B
First Poster
Options

I have tried this "solution" and it does not get rid of it. 

0 Likes
Tonci L
First Poster
Options

Non of theese help...

Tried in Samsung Internet settings, in Google app ( in latest update settings menu changed..) So... after a ling time, i'm thinkinhbif giving up frim SI.

These ttending searches are really irritating.

0 Likes
Members_4xbnDh6
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem last week. I turned off the trending searches in both Google and Samsung. I even turned my phone off many times but it didn't work.

However, a long while fter I sent the fault report to Samsung, the trending searches disappeared. 

Unfortunately, it came back again after a few days. I ran 'clear cache' in Samsung Internet App as suggested but still it didn't work.