Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

How to customize notifications

(Topic created on: 22-11-2021 11:41 PM)
CBoo
Student
Options

Hello! I am looking for a way to turn off all notifications from messages/calls/apps/etc., except from one phone number. 

My aunt has a Samsung Galaxy A8 and needs to be able to respond to a call from the nursing home her mother resides, but does not want to be woken up by other calls/messages. Is there a way she can customize these alerts so that only the nursing home can get through?  

Thank you for any help. 

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi there, I'm pretty certain that all you have to do to allow calls & messages from only one caller is by using the do not disturb settings. You will need to add the nursing home's number as a contact and then as a favourite. Go to the do not disturb settings and only allow calls & messages from your favourite contacts. I hope this will help you my friend.
CBoo
Student
Options

Worked like a charm, don't know how we missed the do not disturb option! Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
You're welcome. Also in those settings you may find that the do not disturb will have a adjustable time setting for active and inactive. If you want it on 24hours a day, set it as off at 00-00 and back on at 00-01. This should work for you. Any problems please contact me anytime. Merry Christmas 🎅
0 Likes