Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted text in emails

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 09:35 AM)
Colchemy
First Poster
Options

As you will see, text has been highlighted in blue in the Samsung email app. Please note: the highlighting was not done by the sender of the email.
It looks like an invitation to click on the highlighted text, but when I do, my tablet comes up with an Open with... screen, with inappropriate apps like Google Earth offered. Clearly a fault, and the highlighting is annoying. Please fix.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rob99
Voyager
Options
This will happen with most phones or computers. Numbers in a block of text, or dates, will be interpreted as links.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
A full stop and no spaces will look like a Web link ..
0 Likes
Solution
Rob99
Voyager
Options
This will happen with most phones or computers. Numbers in a block of text, or dates, will be interpreted as links.
0 Likes
Colchemy
First Poster
Options
I understand a block of text can be a link. But not a date! I still think that is a fault, and would like to see it corrected in updates to Samsung Mail.
0 Likes
Rob99
Voyager
Options
A date will usually be interpreted as a calender entry, and will open your calender program when clicked on. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Colchemy
First Poster
Options
Thanks, Rob, but no, it doesn't help at all. I've got no reason to use my calendar for anything in the past, such as the highlighted dates in the email I attached. I will just have to look at other email clients to see if they are free of the problem.
0 Likes
Colchemy
First Poster
Options
I checked the same email with the Gmail app and it does not highlight dates. So I shall be using that app in future for emails.
0 Likes