Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with sons phone

(Topic created on: 06-04-2021 02:12 PM)
jlnicholls1
Apprentice
Options
hi im having a problem with sons phone cut a story short he as aurtism an watches alot of youtube a pop up came up saying his phone had virus an download a file to fix he did then asked me i told him not 2 download anything with out me looking so he deleted the file. The phone was fine rest of the night till put on charge why slept then when woke stuck on s8 plus screen an nothing else ive tried to get in to recovery wont work tried safemode same only thing can get in is downloadmode tried soft reset to any help would be grateful as i brought him s9 plus but he wants his s8 plus so trying to fix.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi contact Samsung customer service, sounds like he might of actually been duped into downloading a virus.

View solution in context

Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In that case I agree with @mattwhite2102 that the phone needs to be reflashed. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to discuss this here.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hold down the power button for 20 seconds when in that screen. It should reboot normally.
Solution
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi contact Samsung customer service, sounds like he might of actually been duped into downloading a virus.
jlnicholls1
Apprentice
Options
holding down power button for 20 seconds did nothing if you mean power an volume down for 7 seconds to get out of download mode i van get out but then stuck at

20210406_142404_2848.jpg

0 Likes
jlnicholls1
Apprentice
Options
thank you this is what im thinking
0 Likes
mattwhite2102
Apprentice
Options
Sounds like a software issue, you could try and reflash, Google has tons of tutorials
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Try emergency firmware recovery in Smart Switch for PC

0 Likes
jlnicholls1
Apprentice
Options
im sure ive tried that an could not get it to read phone right keeps loading as Bluetooth when on download mode an nothing when stuck on samsung screen
0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
In that case I agree with @mattwhite2102 that the phone needs to be reflashed. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to discuss this here.
0 Likes
jlnicholls1
Apprentice
Options
its fine thankyou
0 Likes