Did you mean: 

Original topic:

HELP! Secure Folder hasn't transfered

(Topic created on: 03-10-2021 12:25 AM)
Vixxie
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I've just transfered my old A20e to my new A22 5g via Smart Switch and my secure folder hasn't transfered. My A20e is now dead. How can I get the folder and contents back?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Joe_N
Explorer
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Did you set your secure folder to sync periodially? If you did you can retrieve your stuff.

Ventor
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

@Vixxie Hello, the files in the secure folder cannot be backed up with Smart Switch, since the backup does not include files from an application with security lock such as the Secure Folder. Greetings.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

@Vixxie: If you did backup your Secure Folder on your A20e then please open the Secure Folder on you A22 5G > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Backup and Restore > Restore > Select the device and content > Restore. 

0 Likes
Vixxie
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
There isn't a secure folder on the A22☹
0 Likes
Vixxie
Student
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Not a clue. I backed everything up just before my phone died. No where did it say the secure folder doesn't back up ☹
0 Likes
Ventor
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

@Vixxie Hello, my comment was that Smart Switch does not back up Apps and files of an App with security lock, such as the Secure Folder, so if you have not made and saved a backup from Secure Folder Settings / Copy and restore, and saved somewhere, I am very afraid that you have lost the content.

Ventor
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
0 Likes