Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health Platform vs Health Connect vs Health Sync

(Topic created on: 11-11-2022 10:35 AM)
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I use Samsung Health to record all my Health stuff except for food as it has no barcode reading.

I've been using Health Sync to sync data from SH into GF but as both Google and Samsung have released an app to make these things easier I thought I would give them a test.

Health Platform is supposed to allow the inport/export of data between different fitness apps but have noticed the apps are limited and don't always sync even if they are given permission.

Health Connect does not allow steps to be synced from SH. It has options for other areas of SH which I'm testing at the moment but not holding out much hope. Not sure why steps cant be synced. 

Overall it seems the third party app called Health Sync is still the better option to sync between SH and GF as you can include steps.

So is there any point using the apps from Google or Samsung? 
8 REPLIES 8
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thank god at least one other person is talking health here rather than battery

My simple answer to you is... No

If you look around, I have being making noise, day and night.. Begging Samsung to at least... At least.. At least come two inches closer to its competitors like Garmin or Apple.. This Galaxy watch app and Samsung health app are sooooo outdated and behind in comparison to others

Re 3rd parties... Absolutely none... Absolutely none or noooo High quality 3rd party is giving back up to Samsung.. Galaxy watch

Nike, Jefit, Fitbod, Adidas, Myfitnesspal, Mapmyrun... None.. Absolutely none.. So Samsung created this Health share app.. Unfortunately nooo body is playing attention.. Because they are all with Apple watch.. Not bothered with Galaxy watch

So as someone who came from Apple.. Its like I am in the middle of the Sahara Desert.. Its very lonely
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Neither Health Connect or Health Platform allow syncing between SH and GF from my tests today.
So there is no point installing these apps, just stick with Health Sync.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Done some more testing an activities from Samsung Health are not written to Health Connect so can't be imported to GF.
Also spotted that Google Fit supports Health Sync but not Samsung Health for compatible apps.
0 Likes
trospe
First Poster
Options

I use both SH and GF and be able to sync them through "Health Connect" app. What about you ? are you still experienced problems?
Interesting because i am doing a research about how the "Health Platform" works :smiling-face: I dont know if theres a need to use both HP and HC or if HC can do the job alone.
By the way i have given permissions on Watch so that Samsung Health shares data with Health Paltform. Then on Phone i gave permissions (on both SH and GF apps) to share data with Health Connect and i can say ecerything syncs exccept Steps alone.

0 Likes
trospe
First Poster
Options

Intewresting. I came here looking about Samsung Platform usage. I have it on my phone and dont know if theres any finction. I disable permission given to HP on phone but i still have it on Watch .
 i have given permissions on Watch so that Samsung Health shares data with Health Platform. Then on Phone i gave permissions (on both SH and GF apps) to share data with Health Connect and i can say everything syncs except Steps alone.
I wander if SP helps do that or ....is useless? 

0 Likes
Isaac32
First Poster
Options

Im experiencing problems with my new watch 3. I have installed on my android phone, Samsung health and health connect for Sync my data of sh to Google fit. But not works.

On the history data of health connect I only see the Google fit access but no access from Samsung health. 

I have all the permisions of both platforms and all permisions on my watch too. I dont know whats happen.

Could you help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
As I've stated there is no point using it. Pay the couple of quid and get Health Sync which does work.
0 Likes
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Both SP and HC are useless for syncing between each other. Just buy Health Sync as that works.
0 Likes