Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

He

(Topic created on: 29-01-2023 07:16 AM)
OBrien04
Student
Options
Can anyone help, please? For some unknown reason, I can't access my emails!
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@OBrien04: Please confirm the model number and current Android version of the device you're using (located in Settings > About phone/tablet), as well as the application you're using to access your emails. Furthermore, please provide further details of the issue you're experiencing. For instance, are your emails not currently syncing to your device?

OBrien04
Student
Options
Hi Andrew - it's an A22. I think the Android version is 13 - if that makes any sense to you?
Where do I find the model number, please?
I'm sorry, I'm, not tech-savvy at all!
What do you mean by application?
When I go to emails, it asks me to enter the password, but when I click to enter it says, password or username incorrect or image or pop3 not turned on for this account.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@OBrien04: No problem. It is possible that you are required to set up your account as a Personal (POP3) account, which can be achieved via the Gmail application on your A22. To do this, head to Settings > Accounts and backup > Manage accounts > Add account > Personal (POP3) and follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, swipe up from your Home screen and select the Google folder > Gmail > Tap your profile in the top right corner > Add another account > Other, and enter your credentials from here. 

Depending on your email provider, there may be a dedicated application that you can download from the Google Play Store, in which case I recommend reaching out to your provider directly for further clarification on adding your account to Android devices. 

An application is a piece of software that performs a specific function on your phone. So , for instance, Gmail is an email application. When you swipe up from your Home screen you'll open the Application (App) Drawer - all the pre-installed apps on the device will be visible here, as well as any that you might download from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store. I hope this helps.