Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone got Android Auto to work with a S21 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 10:53 AM)
Rollerman
Student
Options

Just upgraded to a S21 Ultra from a S10+

Android auto used to work fine, but now the S21 is not recognised by the car's head unit.

Looking at other posts on the Web I have tried a number of different cables, rolled back the Chrome app update, checked that the phones USB connection is set for data, turned of battery optimisation for Android Auto - all to no avail.

Has anyone got it working?

17 REPLIES 17
Bt32
Voyager
Options
No,it doesn't work with my car whereas my old phone does,I've tried everything too. I'm hoping it's just a bug.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android Auto is riddled with problems. Look at the Google support page.
laxhill
Apprentice
Options

Yes I got it working today seems to be fine. I had tried different USB cables I had lying around. I eventually tried the cable that came with the Samsung Buds Pro I got with the phone. It connected and let me set android auto up. I'm no techie but it suggest there is something different to that cable. If you have that cable it's worth giving it a try. Hope this helps

JavierPerez1
First Poster
Options

I havent and I am at the point where if this is not fixed soon i will send in my samsung and either stick with my s8 active which works with android auto or go to apple. I wasted money on a new power cord for no reason. This is taking too much time to figure out for the price I paid.

Rollerman
Student
Options
I have found a solution. Dug out 10 different USB C cables and found that only the shortest one worked. It was a data cable for a portable SSD that worked, perhaps it is a better quality cable.
Bramall
Explorer
Options
Solution Found - the reason why the S21 Ultra hasn't been connecting is because of an update to Google Chrome which caused an issue with Android Auto.

A new update is rolling out for Android Auto 6.1 and Google Chrome to fix this issue.

See article of the bug fixes:
https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/02/23/android-auto-6-1-rolling-out-with-fixes-for-galaxy-s21-seri...
0 Likes
2Milka
Student
Options

It’s not working I had galaxy 20 I did everything I got tired , for the 1 time in my life I buy apple phone 12 pro max and is working sooooo good

0 Likes
2Milka
Student
Options

If they don’t fixe this problem they will loose a lot of customer because I feel like am not enjoying my new car if I don’t use endroid auto

0 Likes
2Milka
Student
Options

It’s not just ultra 21 I had galaxy 20 last year and again the some problems that why I got my self 12 pro max ,, Samsung don’t care about fixing this problem 

0 Likes