Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet or Samsung Pay?

(Topic created on: 25-09-2022 08:51 AM)
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I use Google Wallet (formerly Google Pay) almost daily and find it incredibly useful. When I tried setting up Samsung Pay a couple of years back, my bank (NatWest) was not supported. 
Does anyone know if the NatWest here in the UK, is now supported in the Samsung Pay app?
Google Wallet works flawlessly for me so I'm not sure if it would be worth trying now. 
I have to say the NatWest mobile banking app is superb. Getting speedy notifications of any transactions occurring, or if I need to pay someone or transfer money between accounts is just easy and incredibly fast.
Who do you bank with and are their apps any good? Also, Samsung Pay or Google Wallet?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
I have Natwest and sadly doesn't work with Samsung pay. I'm using Google pay long time ago no problem. Google wallet wanted to say 😄. Personally much more useful than Samsung pay.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Great to know, thank you.
Same for me with Google Pay. It's never let me down. 👍🏻
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
I bank with Halifax and their cards won't work with Samsung Pay either. So, I signed up for Samsung Pay+ and used Samsung Pay for over a year. It was OK, Samsung Pay+ (Curve) isn't the best though! No support, frequent declines due to system issues and many duplicate transactions. I closed my Samsung Pay+ account (it was hard work) and have since gone back to Google Wallet.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
These are the only banks im aware of that support samsung wallet in the UK HSBC, First Direct and Nationwide, I'm not sure why there aren't more as it's apparently more secure than Google wallet.

I use Samsung Wallet (not via Curve) I've never had any issues.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Barclays don't support either method,
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I've not even heard of Samsung Pay+ but I'd never even try it after what you said. Lol. For me it's a case of if it ain't broke don't fix it! Google Wallet has been 100% excellent since I started using it a few years ago.
Does your Halifax bank have a good mobile app?
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
It's strange that only them banks use it. I asked someone in a NatWest branch why they don't support it and they came back with security issues!
Smithy71
Apprentice
Options
Google pay used it for a while