Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOGLE PLAY

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 08:50 AM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
This is beyond out of control.

Since the one UI 3.0 Google play store and Google play services just runs in background using battery while in idle.

I've done reset phone u name it!!!!! 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It's the same on mine. Google play services has taken 1.7% and has been running in the background for 16 h 49 m, since last full charge. Google play store 0.9%. I'm guessing Google play store is down to having automatic updates on. So it's running in the background checking.
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
oh right . But still it shouldn't bloody drain it. Also ever since Android 11 it's just eating the battery...

I have to charge it as of when which sucks. I used to charge once s day
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
have you tried putting it to sleep or do you kill all apps after use ??
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
yes all it's a pain up the backside
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
so even with a hour later still stupid Google services it's not on Samsung

Screenshot_20210222-083702_Device care_8192.jpg

0 Likes
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options
it needs to run if you use anything to do with google which is pretty much everything. its used 1% from your screenshot. Does that really matter that much?
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
the issue I'm raising is before this new update ui3 there weren't as much issues
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
The battery drain may be caused by something else running, as 1% isn't a lot.
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I have fully checked and trust me it's Google play services and the actual store. Yes I know when we use our phone other stuff are in background but still it's not right. Even iPhones don't have much in background. I love Android for a reason. So user friendly giving so many options. I don't customise my phone apart from put majority apps to sleep. With Google background processors I can't seem to disable things such as play store or Google play services so it seems to me it's definitely the software with Google play and play services
0 Likes