Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay

(Topic created on: 21-08-2018 09:34 AM)
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

I have tried to register a card on Google pay but i get a message saying my phone is rooted but samsung comfem it's not 

I have noticed my phone is not certified on the play store could this be the cause of my problem 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
That is what could be causing this however when you spoke to Samsung how did you do a root check?
0 Likes
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

Hi turned my phone off then restarted it pressing home and volume up and my knox counter was zero 

Regards Paul 

0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
I would speak to the google pay team to see why it is showing as not certified because google pay works in conjunction with the play store and play services and all banks require non rooted devices for any kind of payment or banking to work on that said phone and if it is not verified you will not be able to get anything like google pay.
0 Likes
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

Hi I did that they said 48 hrs to get back to me so that's not too bad . I've tried looking into this and apparently lots is samsung phones s8 and s9 are not certified on the play store. But I can download stuff of there ? 

Thanks for the advice 

0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
Where did you purchase the phone from?
0 Likes
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

On contract from ee but as samsung said the phone is not rooted ect they can't change it wich I understand that as it's Google's doing 

0 Likes
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

Ans samsung pay dosnt do halifax 😏

0 Likes
wyse_terminal
Voyager
Options
sometimes the phones running EE software does stated unofficial or modified in the status check that in settings could be the cause of the problem.
0 Likes
PaulsFold5
Apprentice
Options

Ah anyway I could  I could change this or are they locked in 

0 Likes