Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pay on Samsung Watch?

(Topic created on: 19-07-2020 04:23 PM)
TimurFayzullin
Student
Options

I have got OnePlus 3T and I want to buy new Samsung Watch 46mm. The only thing that stops me - I can't install Google Pay on Samsung Watch! WHY??? I want to pay by NFC, but I don't like Samsung phones (to use Samsung Pay)... 

0 Likes
69 REPLIES 69
Koala58
Journeyman
Options

Yes, there are counties where Samsung has not activated Samsung Pay yet. But these comments about banks are for people who do have Samsung pay in their countries but only one bank card working (and usually the one they don’t have their account with) and they blame Samsung for that. But for you there is an easy solution. Change the region (CSC code) on your watch/phone and it will suddenly show up and work fine. The only downside is your Samsung pay adds will be on the language of the country you change the region to. So, if you change to Sweden region your Samsung Pay will be on Swedish language but also all the goods advertised will be for Sweden market. Here is what happened to me: I am in Australia and bought my Samsung Galaxy watch from the local eBay seller. Got the watch but could not open Samsung pay on it (my phone was OK with AU region). Then I found out the watch CSC code was TTT (Trinidad and Tobago) hence why was the watch so much cheaper than local shop. There is the Linux tool for windows I downloaded to change the region (CSC code) on my watch. When I got to choose the code there was a long list of codes and instead of going to google the right code, I assumed AUT is Australian. After changing to AUT my watch suddenly had a Samsung pay and it worked fine paying with the watch from then on. But I started getting strange German adds on my app. Went back to check the codes and found out AUT is Swiss code and Australian is XSA (go figure)! Changed the code to XSA and never had a problem again. Last summer I drove from Greece to London and back and Samsung pay worked in all countries (even in Macedonia and Serbia - non-EU countries). Here is the code list I used:

https://www.androidsage.com/2017/07/12/list-of-samsung-galaxy-country-specific-product-code-csc-and-...

and here is the tool for the watch. Not sure if it will work with the phone:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74585286&postcount=330

This is the best way as there is no flashing the firmware and possibility of bricking the device. BUT changing the CSC code may void the warranty. In my case watch was from different region already so wasn’t covered with warranty (unless I decided to send it back to Trinidad and Tobago).

Also, you may consider Google Pay. It works on my Samsung phone. Not sure if it will work in Denmark or on the watch.

Cheers, 

Peter

0 Likes
Koala58
Journeyman
Options

To Kelvijin

Just change your watch CSC code to your preferred country. It will work fine.

0 Likes
danish_bacon
Student
Options

All interesting and obvious information, which (if you actually knew what you were talking about) would be fine - yes that all works but unless you have a bank account in the country you spoof, then no, it doesn't work. I can use a vpn and pretend to be in any country in the world, but unless I have a bank account *in that country* then Samsung Pay is not/will not be operational. The fact that I cannot download and install Samsung Pay in Denmark is an obvious indicator that Samsung, not the Banks (who as previously mentioned, do support it as a means of payment) are behind the curve. Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
michaelmprp6364
First Poster
Options

PayPal can be used with Samsung pay. USAA also

0 Likes
Mirten-b
Student
Options

Google Play Works fine om Samsung phone, but not on Samsung watch.

IT is so *****ing bad

0 Likes
Nibbles
Student
Options

It's not the functionality of Samsung Pay that as at issue. When set up, it works anywhere that contactless payments are accepted, just as Google Pay does. The problem with Samsung Pay is the very small number of UK banks that work with it. (I don't know about other countries) I am fortunate in that my bank, First Direct (HSBC) does support it but none of my other bank or Credit card accounts does.

Samsung either needs to urgently work with the banks to get Samsung Pay more widely available or they must make the Google Pay app available for all their watches. I bought my 46mm Samsung watch specifically to be compatible with my S8 phone, but I'm seriously thinking of dumping this expensive watch in favour of a watch that does support Google Pay.

Brodloch
First Poster
Options

Hi

Names Doug

Like your post.  Same thing.  My Galaxy 46 is from Vietnam.  Csc  Aust is AXU but cannot find where in firmware link to change it.  Perhaps a blow by blow description 

Thanks

0 Likes
djc290761
Explorer
Options

We are interested in using GOOGLE PAY on the Samsung phone. Samsung Pay is useless at the moment as it is NOT AVAILABLE for use with my bankl.

0 Likes
AnthonyUK
First Poster
Options

I was researching whether to buy one of Samsung's watch offerings but having read this thread about the difficulties of registering UK bank cards, I will give them a miss. It must be difficult to marry the Tizen OS with Google Pay but this seriously hampers one of the positive advantages of owning a smart watch. Having dipped my toes by temporarily installing Samsung Pay on my S9+, I am also very disappointed that not only do I have to unlock my phone to complete a contactless transaction but endure a distracting advert whilst I do it. 

0 Likes
Paulransom
First Poster
Options
I think everyone one is word blind the minute you try get any answers regarding google pay that blatantly does not work on Samsung watches they start talking about Samsung pay and believe me I’ve just brought the new s20 ultra and a 42 mm Samsung watch why does it work on the phone but won’t install on the watch .what a pile of rubbish
0 Likes