Go to solution Solved

Google fit to ⏩ Samsung health

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 03:51 PM)
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Hi all,

Is there a method to bring Google fit data to Samsung health 

None of the Pro weight training Apps are directly connecting with Samsung health 

However they are connecting with Google fit, so I just want to bring workout data to Samsung health 

Ta 👋 👋 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi IndiW,

You can do so using an app called Health Sync.

https://www.androidauthority.com/sync-samsung-health-google-fit-870718/

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thank you very much friend
I tried it a few days ago and the process didn't go well

For example
From Jefit (weight training app) it went to Google directly - that's fine

Then via Health Sync, when it came from Google fit to Samsung health, no HR data, no calories burnt etc (despite giving access to share HR and activity data)

Sure I will try to fine tune
Ta
Neo001
Legend
Options

Ouch! Hope both companies work together and provide seemless integration between SH and GF.

Sptzz87
Explorer
Options

I was thinking of this exact same situation. I also use jefit. 

In theory, HR will be done by the watch as usual (through Samsung Health), what kind of data does jefit log into Google Fit? Isn't it just calories burned? Even by selecting it in Health Sync it didn't work? 

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Thanks for sharing your thoughts friend

With Galaxy watch.. I think I am doomed, absolutely useless for strength training, can't even add simple weight or number of Push-ups

Apple is the same, however Apple has a massive advantage as it has exceptionally high quality 3rd party apps, so the user can't feel the gap

Garmin has pratically no 3rd party support or Apps at all at all, other than watch faces... HOWEVER the built in native app is exceptionally good absolutely good. One can design his own workouts and send to the watch too.. That's wow

Samsung neither has a quality built in app, nor 3rd party quality support either, it has basic apps that are designed for ANY android watch, like GymRun, but they are like school boy apps

So jefit, in comparison to their Apple version, practically useless but the best available for watch 5 or Samsung, Jefit goes to Google fit but with almost nothing data

So final decision - Never again Galaxy watch, unless one day 3rd party support reach Apple level
0 Likes
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
I heard Samsung has realised the gravity and two weeks ago, has had a conference with 3rd party developers and going to open up the system so 3rd parties can have space and access to develop
0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

There's a new app/platform from Google called Health Connect. Limited support currently, as it is in the early access phase. Something to keep an eye on, as more integrations could follow.

Screenshot_20221017-170522_Google Play Store.jpg

Screenshot_20221017-170125_Health Connect.jpg

IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Absolutely absolutely, I saw this in the recent Developer conference and they referred to this. Thanks for the share

I downloaded this and waiting with my prayer mat 😆

I think the biggest problem is, with Apple watch, it's very easy, one apple watch, one system, one iPhone, so it may be easy to write a programme for Apple watch

But when it comes to Galaxy watch operating system, there are different sizes, different manufacturers, etc etc.. Surely it must be challenging

Samsung should have recognised this , and just like Garmin has done, Samsung should have given a more comprehensive native programme to the customers and filled the gap

Tc buddy 👋
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Neo001, it looks like my app is different, it says no permission required, yours indicate Google fit/Samsung health etc

??? Screenshot_20221017-190412_Settings.jpg
0 Likes