Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Lock - stops working during travel (never before was like that)

(Topic created on: 04-03-2023 04:01 PM)
Speechless
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

I'm very much aware Good Lock is not available in all countries. I usually reside in the country where it's available but I travel quite often and sometimes I use sim cards from a country Good Lock is not available in. Never have had issues with it, but since I moved to 23 Ultra, whenever I start using sim card from country Good Lock does not support, the app goes blank. Modules which have their own shortcuts work, but Good Lock panel is cleared of anything so I cannot run other modules. If I close both Galaxy Store and Good Lock, switch to mobile data from my original country (being in roaming), everything goes back to normal. Till the next time I open Store/Lock on mobile internet from not supported country (foreigner WiFi does not influence it).

I assume it's pulling my location from sim provider (same as Galaxy Store) and adjust, but it's strange to me, because it never worked like that on any other phone I previously used. Once installed, it was working no matter which sim/internet provider I used.

Have you by any chance experienced anything like that? Not sure if current behaviour is out of order, or actually the previous one, when once installed Good Lock was working everywhere, was a glitch :).

Thank you all and regards,

2 REPLIES 2
olgierd
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. 

Travel from Poland (t-mobile) to Costa Rica (Claro). Stopped working whole Good Lock

0 Likes
Speechless
Apprentice
Options

Thanks olgierd, seems we're in the same boat then. If it wouldn't have worked normally on previous Galaxy I wouldn't be so surprised now. Luckily it doesn't pull a lot of data when switching to original sim, so there's quite cheap workaround.

0 Likes