Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 360 App

(Topic created on: 17-03-2023 06:00 PM)
DanTheGamer
First Poster
Options
Hey there guys! I am feeling down that the gear app is not working anymore and I recorded my friend's wedding ceremony on the Gear 360 camera the first edition one and I can't seem to get it to work on the Fold Z 2 or on the computer too. It just stitches them but it comes out grey 😭 any help please?
5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @DanTheGamer ,

I am sure that this looked great and they were happy with the results! I have had a look at the Gear 360 camera app specifications and found the following:

"From August 1, 2020, app updates and compatibility support on new phones will be discontinued. Even after the update discontinuation date, you can continue to use the existing app. However, it may be difficult to provide support with regard to new bugs or third-party service interworking changes and new features and services through app update, and it may be difficult to provide compatibility for devices other than those listed in "Compatible OS version", "Compatible models" below.
• Compatible OS version: Android 6.0 to Android 10.0
• Compatible models: Galaxy Fold, Galaxy S20 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 series, Galaxy Note10 / 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 series, Galaxy A9 Pro / A8 (2018 ) / A7 (2018)
※ Galaxy Z Flip are not supported
Please note that some features of the app are available in Gear 360 related PC programs (Gear 360 ActionDirector, Mac program name: Gear 360).
PC programs related to Gear 360 can be downloaded until February 28, 2024, and you can continue to use PC programs that have already been downloaded after the above date, but please note that update support (bug fixes or third-party service interworking changes, provision of new features and services) will be discontinued.
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us via Samsung Members."

0 Likes
Mark152
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

that does not look like a serious support answer.

The problem is: I cannot use my camera because all stitched images are just pure gray images. Simply - unusable (DanTheGamer)

The answer: "I am sure that this looked great and they were happy with the results!" (TessM) 

I am in the exactly the same situation - all stitched images from ActionDirector (desktop app) are gray. From the answer above I understand that support for desktop app will be discontinued after Feb 28th, 2024. My PC meets minimum reqs. Could you help us resolve the problem please?

On a side note: you may also want to check your website - when I registered to post a reply to this forum the "terms and conditions" page I agreed said: 400 Bad Request invalid_request : Invalid query parameter value for downTermsFileUrl. I had no choice, I had to agree it was an invalid request 😃

Mark152
Apprentice
Options

Hello @TessM or anyone at SAMSUNG,

Is there any chance to get concrete answer when it'll be fixed? 

0 Likes
SueF13
Student
Options

Hi Mark, I know this is an old thread, but if you are still interested and didn't get help you may want to go to the XDA Developers site and search Gear 360. They have an updated app, but it must be sideloaded. It has worked for me on my S20. Just upgraded to the S23 and haven't tried it yet, but it might work for you. Says "for all versions after Android 5". There are some steps you have to use with it, but it got my pictures, which was what I needed. What a shame Samsung has elected to treat us this way after we bought their 360 product. Hope this helps you.

Mark152
Apprentice
Options

Hi Sue,

Many thanks for the hint, it's nice that people are trying to help each other! Unfortunately I have a big number of images/movies collected across the years which I decided to process so I'd prefer to do it on PC.

Other workaround I found working - using a quite old laptop I was able to run desktop software without issues. Without old laptop I'd also try to run it in Virtual Machine.

I agree, it's a shame both from the customer care perspective as well as from the environment protection perspective (if people cannot use the product they will simply throw it away).

0 Likes