Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Games draining my battery

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 06:50 PM)
IonLunra
Student
Options

I'm a fan of playing games just before bed but I do tend to fall asleep during game play. My issue is certain games are keeping my phone screen on (IE: AFK Arena) when I'm not playing the game at all. My screen stays on and my battery drains completely or if it's plugged in the phone will stay on and overheat, and I know that's not good for the device or battery life! 

Is there a way to have the device power down and lock like it normally does when a game is on and is idle?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
U can put the app to sleep, which it stops runningin the background. If you go to settings and scroll down to battery and device care and click on battery and go to background usage limit u will find options for sleeping apps, deep sleeping apps and never sleeping apps.
0 Likes
IonLunra
Student
Options

But it's not background that I'm concerned with. The app is running while I'm playing it, but if I were to fall asleep with the app running, the phone doesn't turn off or lock.

0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Please check ur lock settings
0 Likes
IonLunra
Student
Options

I have checked them. Game apps just seem to keep the phone on.

0 Likes
T457
Pioneer
Options
Turn on power saving mode before playing
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
You also need to worry about screen burn with situations like that.
IonLunra
Student
Options

It isn't putting the phone to sleep, game is still running and phone is staying on

0 Likes
T457
Pioneer
Options
If you have power saving on it will turn off automatically
0 Likes
IonLunra
Student
Options

Literally testing everything for 10-15m to try and fix this issue.. Powersave mode didn't work.. my sudoku game stays on

0 Likes