Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery People Recognition Not Working

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 07:21 PM)
Lorenz Kahle
Apprentice
Options

Hey,

I'm using the S22 Ultra and since I had to switch my phone from S22 Ultra to S22 Ultra and importing all my photos from OneDrive back to my phone, it doesn't recognize the same amount of people. Before there were like 250+ people and now there are 28.

I already reset cache and deleted all the gallery data  - it didn't help.

Can anyone help with this?

12 REPLIES 12
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Lorenz Kahle Hello, you could also try Uninstall updates from the Gallery app and update it again, manually. From the app options, the three points at the top-right-Uninstall updates, restart the phone and update the app manually again. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

Lorenz Kahle
Apprentice
Options

One cannot do that. There is no option for that. Does someone know how to contact the real Samsung support. I want to give the IT programmers the feedback directly...

0 Likes
ohnico
Student
Options

I'm having the exact same issue on my brand new Fold 4, I've tried all sorts of clearing data/turning features and permissions on and off, short of wiping my whole phone, no luck. Any resolution?

utack
Journeyman
Options

Same on my new S23

It's only scanning new photos, nothing that came from smart transfer off my old device 

Is there a way to fix it? 

A15E9E
Apprentice
Options

S23 Ultra and same issue. Another issue is that this thread is being ignored by the adms 

A15E9E
Apprentice
Options

Hi ventor this is not working for any of us and on different models. 

0 Likes
Ktj_
First Poster
Options
Currently having the same issue on my new S23. I use the search feature often so really need a fix for this. Tried all the above with no luck
Barib110
Pioneer
Options
Same issue here (smart switch S22U to S23U). It's not just face tagging - but content tagging (like dogs, pets, drinks, scenery, etc). Objects can't be searched anymore. It only scans new images I've taken on the S23
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Barib110 (and anyone else experiencing this issue). I recommend submitting an Error report at your earliest convenience, as this will allow our developers to take a closer look at this and propose a solution:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Please let us know when you get this resolved.

0 Likes