Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 walkie talkie app not working

(Topic created on: 20-03-2022 09:26 PM)
nalley
Journeyman
Options
States I need to install sim in my phone. My partners works fine. My watch is the Bluetooth Version. I really have no idea why its not working. Any ideas ?
48 REPLIES 48
BatNas
First Poster
Options

"Walkie-talkie" app and chat settings already working normally 

0 Likes
shreyas30
First Poster
Options

Was this issue solved? I have an LTE based but I havent added my esim on that. I believe walkie talkie should still be able to work without esim. 

I get an error cannot connect to phone and it doesnt allow me to enable walkie talkie.

0 Likes
nalley
Journeyman
Options
Nope no resolution I'm afraid
0 Likes
Galaxy watch5
First Poster
Options

I had this very same issue on a Galaxy Watch5 LTE, it turns out that the reason it was not working was that my phone did not have the number set up under line settings, it was actually blank, this is something you can edit manually, once I added a number it simply worked... Unbelievable.

Screenshot_20221027-205217-303.png

0 Likes
nalley
Journeyman
Options
How do you add a number, please?
0 Likes
Galaxy watch5
First Poster
Options

My phone is a Motorola with dual SIM and android 12 but this should give a hint... See snapshots.

Screenshot_20221027-210100-558.png

Screenshot_20221027-210156-363.png

Screenshot_20221027-210316-735.png

  

0 Likes
nalley
Journeyman
Options
Thank you
0 Likes
Galaxy watch5
First Poster
Options

Worked for you too?

0 Likes
Pxsepulv
First Poster
Options

Hi! I had the same issue. My watch is LTE and my company doesn't have esim for this model (I'm from Chile). Here is what I did:

1. Open the app Walkie Talkie on the Galaxy Watch.

2. Then open WiFi options sliding your finger from the top and keeping pressed WiFi icon. Wait for connection.

3. After connection is established, press watch's back button to return to Walkie-Talkie app.

4. Agree to permission and turn on the function.

Now you are able to connect and invite people.

It seems that the watch doesn't keep WiFi connection always on despite the option is turned on (maybe a firmware bug). Maybe that's the reason LTE enabled watches work and bluetooth only models don't. 

I hope this helps.

0 Likes