Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy watch 4 walkie talkie app not working

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 08:49 AM)
nalley
Journeyman
Options
States I need to install sim in my phone. My partners works fine. My watch is the Bluetooth Version. I really have no idea why its not working. Any ideas ?
48 REPLIES 48
So99
Journeyman
Options

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion, but the Chat Settings menu option doesnt work on my phone - it' starts the animation to load up the settings page -(flashes), then goes away instantly back to the main settings menu.

I wonder if this is a carrier restriction or app issue?

0 Likes
So99
Journeyman
Options

I reached out to my carrier, and they responded that this chat settings screen is only available to customers using eSim's. And that they dont support eSim at the moment.

0 Likes
Ereza
Explorer
Options

maybe you can add screenshots? i cant find what you talking about 

0 Likes
Tristan2021
Student
Options
Hi all, Samsung has just released an update for Samsung 'Walkie-Talkie' app (version: 1.0.00.34) 25th October 2021. I know a lot of you have had issues in particular on the Galaxy watch 4 (Bluetooth Version) devices. I am unable to confirm whether this fixes the issue, as I have the LTE version and had no issues using the app. It's definitely worth updating to check. This app is only available via Google Play store app on the WATCH and NOT available via Google Play store app on the phones. This app is ONLY compatible with Galaxy Watch 4 devices at present.
Ereza
Explorer
Options

I did the update but unfortunately still not working

DeanosT
Journeyman
Options

Yup. When you open the app, it says "Can't connect to your phone...". OK to continue...
Then when you slide over the "On" button, it just sits there with the multicoloured "Thinky-wheel"...

I'm wondering if this might be a "Samsung phone only" kind of deal.....
I'm STILL waiting for the S21FE to be launched so I can get a Samsung phone...

Buuuuuuuuuut, for now I'm stuck with my Huawei P30.

Forgot to mention that I'm using the Watch 4 BT version...

0 Likes
Ereza
Explorer
Options

I have Samsung Galaxy S10+ and Watch4 Classic

not work for me so i'm not sure if its necessary to be with samsung phone 

So99
Journeyman
Options

Same here, updated the app on the phone - but not working still.

I dont get the SIM card error, but now it just says "connecting..." with the spinning coloured wheel, and never seems to connect

0 Likes
Ereza
Explorer
Options

Exactly same problem 

0 Likes
So99
Journeyman
Options

 screenshot attached,  stuck on this screen now since the update 

Screenshot_20211027_184227_walkietalkie.png