Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Store tries to update apps already installed through the Play Store

(Topic created on: 24-03-2021 03:33 PM)
Dillspooch
Apprentice
Options

Quite a few Apps I've installed on my Note 10+5G (Android 11 One UI 3.0) through the Play Store (including Samsung apps) are listed in the Galaxy Store as having updates available but "can't auto update" because they are "Installed from Google Play Store".

Firstly, it seems like the Galaxy Store is trying to muscle in and be the preferred app store. Secondly, surely the Galaxy Store should leave those apps alone since the Google Play Store will eventually update them?

There appears to be no way to stop Galaxy Store from deciding whether to include or exclude these apps from Galaxy Store auto update.

I have an app called All4 for example, which fell into this scenario. The only way I could stop Galaxy Store from stepping in was to uninstall the app, then re-install it from the Play Store. The Galaxy Store would then keep away from it for a week or a month, but eventually it would try again. Now the Galaxy Store is offering updates for the Samsung Members app, Zoom, NordVPN and Teamviewer, which it had never tried before.

Is Samsung hoping I'll uninstall these apps and get them from the Galaxy Store instead? If so, please stop as it's very annoying.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
The Play Store does the same thing, i sideload apps off the Internet and both the Play Store and the Galaxy Store will show that app if there are updates, as well as give me the ability to unistall the application.

The app stores need the ability to see what apps we have installed on the device and what versions we have so that it can send updates.
0 Likes
Simva
First Poster
Options
hi anyone know why Samsung A70 apps will not open. keeps closing this problem started yesterday.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Search the community, this has been asked and answered about 50 times. Please use the search function before posting new questions.
0 Likes