Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy S7 Samsung mail app not working after phone software update

(Topic created on: 26-12-2018 12:37 PM)
Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options

The latest software update for my Galaxy S7 was installed on 2nd October and the current version is now showing as G930FXXS3ERI1. Ever since then my Samsung email app, which I use exclusively for my AOL mail account, is no longer displaying the most up to date emails. My inbox, for example, is showing mail from 11th June 2018 as the latest email even though it says it was last synced on 2nd October 2018. However, if I go into my account settings for the app and click sync account it appears to do it and displays the current date, 6th October, and time, but when I look back into the emails displayed in the app there is no change and mail from 11th June continues to show as the latest entry.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Has anyone got a solution to this issue? I suspect the phone's software update has caused the problem so it may be a bug that will require Samsung to fix. My other email app, Gmail, still works fine by the way and I can receive my up to date AOL emails from there if necessary, so it can't be a connectivity issue.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
stevendk
Apprentice
Options

Hi TracyR

I cleared the cache and data as you described, and recreated my email account, but I still have the same problem. Most emails work fint, but some mails are never displayed when I try to open them and it looks as if it continues to load the mail. Some mails from the same company that are larger are show fine.

Please help.

Best regards Steven

Snooginsguy
First Poster
Options

I just found an odd fix for this, as I was having the same issue of emails perpetually loading but never seeing content - if I rotate my phone to landscape, the email body will suddenly appear, and will stay loaded when I rotate back to portrait. Not ideal and certainly a bug, but at least an easy workaround for now...

Pizzavan
Apprentice
Options

I recently came across another issue with my email not syncing and it turned out to be due to my phone memory being too full. Once I'd removed some photos and videos to make some space the issue resolved itself.

0 Likes
Jdane
Student
Options

I have been having the same problem with my emails. Let me know if you come up with any fixes. I called Samsung and they didn't have any solutions at all.

0 Likes
Jdane
Student
Options
Same for me.
0 Likes
stevendk
Apprentice
Options

I've moved all my pictures from the phones internal memory the SD card. Even though the internal memory was fare from being full, it helped. Now all email are now being dispalyed again 🙂

Samsungs mail app must have some problems when the internale memory is partly full.

0 Likes
ktaute
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have a similar issue but not on the Galaxy S7. The Samsung Email App just stopped working. It is setup to sync using IMAP. Emails sent from the phone are displayed in the sent items on the server but not in the sent items on the phone. 

After clearing the cache, clearing the data, recreating the account and trying to resync the same issue occurs. I did check the power settings on the phone for background activity allowed as well as the storage available on the phone. Only 3 emails in Inbox and Sent Items displayed yet all are on the server. Using another application to sync to this account I am able to access ALL email. 

Any other ideas of what to do? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Ibzy
First Poster
Options

I did clear cache loads of times but still not working. Plus I deleted the email app but and download it again because when I go to Google play store, it says to add account. When I add my account, it says loading then just freezes on a black screen only showing the bottom buttons

0 Likes