Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Health App

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 09:24 AM)
whydoihaveto
Student
Options
Why do I have to give permission for this app to manage my phone calls in order to continue using it? 
There's no option to say no. If you deny, you can't access the app any more or even retrieve your stored data. I'm really disappointed because this app gave me incentive in my goal to get fitter & healthier & now, it's like I've been dumped because I won't play ball.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It's to identify the phone number which is connected to your Samsung account. They can then verify the user of the Samsung Health app. I think they require this so they can properly identify other Samsung Health members It uses this in the challenges section for example so others can connect (I believe).

I'm not a fan either as they could just restrict you from this section of the app until the user agrees to the permission. But it won't make phone calls so don't worry. I've basically given Samsung permission for every piece of info at this point. I've realised I don't care as I'm the most uninteresting person imaginable (from a data perspective) when it comes down to it.
0 Likes
whydoihaveto
Student
Options
Thank you, I'm kinda fed up with all these apps & companies trying to gain access to everything but following your comment of not being import data wise, yeah..... ok,
I'm an interesting person but not data wise. So, I've clicked that button with a wtf lol
0 Likes