Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy apps auto install

(Topic created on: 26-07-2018 08:16 PM)
Carolll
Navigator
Options

hi all, my galaxy apps store started updating apps automatically in the background even if I avoid updating them manually (auto updating is turned off) and I have limited data. What can I do to prevent it from taking control of my phone and mobile data? Thanks :smiling-face:

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @Carolll! What model phone do you have? 

0 Likes
Carolll
Navigator
Options

@CarolinaW wrote:

Hey @Carolll! What model phone do you have? 

Hello there :face-with-tears-of-joy: I have a S7 running on Oreo, even tried to deny all permissions to the galaxy-apps app but nothing. I think that its behaviour should be the same for any device anyway

EDIT 6/9/18

Yep so we all know you Samsung are forcing us to update things like YOU want and this is just an example of how this is all ridiculous.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Carolll

One of the ways I control my apps on my s8 is in Settings-Apps-Choose the App-Choose Mobile Data-Toggle Off Allow Background Data Usage- Turn Off. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Carolll
Navigator
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Hi @Carolll

One of the ways I control my apps on my s8 is in Settings-Apps-Choose the App-Choose Mobile Data-Toggle Off Allow Background Data Usage- Turn Off. 

Hi, I thought I had background data switched off but I had not checked since I got Oreo. Thanks a lot for the suggestion :smiling-face: I just applied it but "app info" shows 0B in background data usage (which is definitely not true at this point) and I can't find galaxy apps on Gsam battery monitor to check so I'm not sure it'll work. For sure it should not happen even with stock settings (since I deactivated auto-updating in the app) 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome for my reply @Carolll

How much mobile data are you finding is being used for updates ?

To be honest personally I've not noticed any large usage for updates. That said I'm on a 20Gb per month allowance.

Carolll
Navigator
Options

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

You're very welcome for my reply @Carolll

How much mobile data are you finding is being used for updates ?

To be honest personally I've not noticed any large usage for updates. That said I'm on a 20Gb per month allowance.

As I already said I see 0 (zero) MB of data being used to update apps but apps ARE being updated by (I guess) God or something else even if I don't want it to happen. The problem here is not how negligible is what happens, the problem is that nothing must happen on my phone if I don't want it to happen. That said, many useless and battery-draining processes run on Samsung devices even if we don't want them to, but I expect things that I explicitly switched off through Samsung's own official settings to stay switched off (in this case auto-updating apps)

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @Carolll

I wish you well with your quest. 

Take care. 

0 Likes
Carolll
Navigator
Options

@BandOfBrothers Thanks mate, I feel your wishes will be needed. Also, I think that something has to change and if it won't then I'll change something else :] Want to buy samsung? You better know about custom roms and kernels

0 Likes
Carolll
Navigator
Options

Screenshot_20180726-210847_Galaxy Apps.jpg

"If you won't update ["Galaxy Apps" app] now, Galaxy Apps will be closed"

Are you serious? Are you kidding me? I didn't think I had bought an Apple phone, it's incredible how good they are at selling thingssss

It's funny how samsung never makes you choose with two methods: 1) they don't send any update at all and prevent you from updating your old system apps (that usually perform ridiculously because well samsung) or 2) they force you to update. So kind of you sammy

0 Likes