Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A71 - system update failure

(Topic created on: 02-08-2020 08:35 PM)
mickyd
First Poster
Options
Hi, Have recently purchased an A71, which fails to install latest system update. It gets to 28% then advises it failed. Any ideas why? Also Tried via smart switch on PC but smart switch does not recognize  mobile. 
Thks
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@mickyd: Where did you purchase your A71 from? When you connect the phone to your PC via Smart Switch, do you get any error messages? Are you connected to a stable Wi-Fi network when attempting the update over the air? 

0 Likes
mickyd
First Poster
Options
Hi, purchased mobile from Affordable Mobile. Com based in Alfreton.There are no error messages on smart switch, but phone shows connection to PC as a connected device in USB menu. yes stable wifi network. all suggestions welcome. Thks
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@mickyd: For clarity, are you using the Smart Switch PC application, available via the link below (under 'How do I get Smart Switch on my PC or Mac)? If so, do you have Smart Switch open when you connect the phone to your PC? 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

0 Likes
mickyd
First Poster
Options
Hi, yes have installed correct versions on pc and mobile, uninstalled and pre-installed just to confirm using correct versions, tested but still PC smart switch shows no connection and mobile smart switch shows no connection ??
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Can you confirm which Android version you're currently running, @mickyd?

0 Likes
mickyd
First Poster
Options
android v10
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for confirming. So when you connect your phone to your computer and open up Smart Switch, your phone isn't recognised? 

0 Likes
mickyd
First Poster
Options
correct. smart switch on the pc keeps on advising me (via visual graphic) to connect the mobile. No difference if phone is connect or not
0 Likes
mickyd
First Poster
Options
issue now resolved, phone sent to a Samsung service centre. currently working correctly.
0 Likes