Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A52 won't register Scotiabank debit

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 10:19 AM)
JohnTheRev
First Poster
Options

I upgraded my Galaxy A5 today to a Galaxy A52 5G and to my extreme frustration neither Samsung Pay or Google Pay will register my Scotiabank debit card.  It takes me right to the last step where I have to log into the Scotiabank app and enter my PIN.  There are 4 spaces and oddly when I enter the 4 digit pin, all 4 numbers fill the first space in small font while simultaneously each single digit fills their individual space in larger font on Samsung Pay, and just a dot on Google Pay (so the first space has both the entire PIN in small and the first number in large or a dot).

I was on the phone for 2 hours with Scotiabank, and it absolutely is not on their end.  I should say that both SamPay and Google Pay both have the debit card activated with no issue on the old phone. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Scotia app and SamPay app multiple times, turned the phone off and on multiple times, and did a software update, all with no success.

What gives Samsung?  Did you sell me a bum phone?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Options
Have you uninstalled the app from your old phone/devices to see if that is the issue?
0 Likes