Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A42 5G Const6antly rebooting following software update on 28th November

(Topic created on: 14-12-2022 06:20 PM)
kbgg
First Poster
Options

Since applying the latest software update on 28th November my Samsung A42 5G phone is constantly rebooting. Very occassionally it will boot to the homescreen but then reboot again within 30 seconds.  I have remved the Sim card and SD card and this has not made any difference. Booting into the android recovery screen I have deleted the cache. This did not fix the issue either. Again booting into the android recovery screen I selected factory reset, again this has not worked . only 50% of memory is in use.

How can I fix this phone?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
kbgg
First Poster
Options

P.S support desk confirmed its a software issue but could not provide any resolution, but try a factory reset which did not work.

0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
I'm having issues with this ridiculous update. Tried different things like you did to.
I've always had the Facebook app disabled as I don't use it, but the phone weirdly improved when I enabled it. Still isn't right though. It's good to read your comment that the help desk confirm a software issue. Hopefully the next update will resolve it. I've had Samsungs for years, I've never known anything like this. When it's finally right I'll be reluctant to do another update without a lot of research!
0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
Having the same issue with my S21 and nothing has helped with everything I have tried. Let hope a new update is on the horizon 🙏
0 Likes