Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A20

(Topic created on: 04-06-2023 12:11 PM)
Ron6
Student
Options

I have recently been given a Galaxy A20. It has Factory Reset Protection on so i get message ' Device was reset. Sign in with Google Account that was Previously Synced'. The previous owner is not contactable so I can not get credentials. There are lots of posts but  Is there a work around please?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @Ron6, as there's no manual way to remove the account if you can't access the account, the phone will need to be wiped at one of our Approved Support Centres. This will delete everything you've stored on the phone but if you didn't add any files in your short time with the phone or if you did but backed up regularly, you'll be able to restore the data when you set up the phone. You can arrange this with an Approved Support Centre using this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
AsadM
Options

Hi @Ron6, as there's no manual way to remove the account if you can't access the account, the phone will need to be wiped at one of our Approved Support Centres. This will delete everything you've stored on the phone but if you didn't add any files in your short time with the phone or if you did but backed up regularly, you'll be able to restore the data when you set up the phone. You can arrange this with an Approved Support Centre using this link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

0 Likes
Ron6
Student
Options

Thanks AsadM. I was afraid that may be the answer!I have seen some 3rd party software that claims to do this  (Passfab & Droidkit) and the cost is about £70 Probably more than the phone is worth!!!). And no guarantee it will work!!!

I will do as you say and find out the cost.

Thanks again  for your response.

Ron

0 Likes