Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Style Libre 2 alarm issue

(Topic created on: 31-01-2023 10:41 AM)
Anders818
First Poster
Options

I own a Samsung Galaxy  S20 FE.

I am diabetic. Diabetics are required to keep their blood glucose within strict ranges (4 mmol/l to 10mmol/l)

Since 2017 I, like many millions of diabetics, use a continuous glucose sensor to monitor my glucose levels and to provide me with alarms when my blood glucose is too low or too high so that I can either administer food (low glucose) or insulin (high glucose).

I use the mobile app Freestyle LibreLink made by the well known medical devices company Abbott Laboratories to receive alarms on my S20 FE.

Since December 2022 I have been unable to receive low and high glucose alarms on my  S20FE. This failure coincides with the Android OS on my S20FE  being upgraded from OS 12 to OS 13 which I understand has affected how Bluetooth Low Energy works.

PLEASE can Google and Samsung give proper consideration to the future functionality of medical device apps when testing and rolling out OS and security updates?"

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
DannyT
Options

Hey there, @Anders818

Head to Settings > Notifications > App notifications > LibreLink > Notification categories > Make sure all notification settings are turned on. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
Anders818
First Poster
Options

Hello, Danny,

Phone settings are review several time.  I had god support from Samsung Sweden. When phone settings were reseted to factory level the alarm works for about 24 hours, then it fades out and stop. It has been reported to Libre and health care.

It is alway problematic when several supplier are involved in one function. In this case Libre, Google and Samsung.

Best Regards

To me it seems like a bug in Libre software.

0 Likes