Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden Samsung

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 10:30 PM)
BeanNamedSyd
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone had any issues with redeeming their Samsung Member benefits? I get so far and it asks me to sign in and when I try to I get a blank page with Forbidden on it. 

I was talking to a Samsung chat person but she told me to soft reset my phone and that I wouldn't lose my chat with her but I did 🤦🏻

I've checked security settings, tried to wiping browser history etc but nothing seems to work. I always end up with forbidden.

Any help would be much lying appreciated. I'm new to Samsung after spending donkeys years with Apple and I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. 

If its any help the message is showing on my S21 Ultra. 
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I have been trying to redeem one of the Samsung Member Benefits on my new S21 Ultra and am getting the forbidden error. I have reset my device and updated the app but still no joy. Any help would be great.
KholaI
Options

Hey all,

That's definitely quite unusual. Could you try clearing the app cache to see if this helps? You can do this by heading into Settings > Apps > Samsung Members > Storage > Clear cache. If this doesn't help, please tap on  'Clear data' then restart your phone.

BeanNamedSyd
Journeyman
Options
I just tried both options clear cache and clear data and restart my phone - I'm still receiving the forbidden page when I login to redeem any of the benefits.
KholaI
Options

Which benefit are you trying to redeem?

BeanNamedSyd
Journeyman
Options
Any of them. I called customerservice and
they suggested that I uninstall Samsung members app for a few hours and reinstall to see if that solves the problem.
BeanNamedSyd
Journeyman
Options
Update. I uninstall and reinstalled like instructed. Tried again today to redeem my benefits and STILL get the forbidden error. I do not want to do a hard reset of my phone as I have it set up in a way I can use it as I am visually impaired. I'm open to any other suggestions on how to resolve this issue.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

If you're not experiencing issues with other apps on your phone, it's likely the issue is isolated to the app, rather than the phone, so I wouldn't advise performing a factory reset. I'm currently using a S20+ and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the Benefit section. Could you check to see if your phone is running on the latest software by heading into the Settings > Software update > Download and install.

0 Likes
BeanNamedSyd
Journeyman
Options
My phone is update. Just double checked.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hmm, okay. Let's try a Soft Reset as it tends to fix a lot of minor bugs. It won't delete any data from your phone, but will reboot it. To do this, hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds.

0 Likes