Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight mode - Enhanced options

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 02:43 PM)
Dave1933
Journeyman
Options
Flight mode disables all communication.

Could you introduce an "enhanced" flight mode, a "flight safe" mode which keeps wifi and bluetooth on for those who travel on flights that are dependant on bluetooth headphones and can use in flight wifi?

I know it only saves a few button presses but having 1 button to press would make life easier and can't be that difficult to code?
4 REPLIES 4
Mike_P
Navigator
Options
you can use Bixby Routines, but technically this isn't flight mode...

something like this made up routine (but you choose)Screenshot_20201022-000049_Bixby Routines_3623.jpg
0 Likes
chippie
Pathfinder
Options
Flight mode turns off the phone cellular radios so the Bixby Routine is pretty useless for being an a plane as your phone radio(s) are still on and these are the ones that many airlines still object to.
I do not use Routines but maybe you can create one that turns on Flight Mode and then turns WiFi and BT back on? The only way to be 'flight' safe is to turn on Flight Mode to disable cellular and then turn the other two back on. It's the cellular radios that are the issue here. Also NFC is fine to use in flight, most use it as a payment method these days but that also means you have to have a WiFi link in most cases. One day hopefully they will just drop it all and just not bother with the phone radios either.
Dave, have a look at Tasker or a similar automation app if Routines can't do what I suggest. Best of luck!
But I will add, it's not like people get on and off a plane every 10 or 20 minutes so I very much doubt you will ever get a delivered out the box solution for this as its hardly difficult to press the extra two icons to turn WiFi and BT back on right not you never know, may be eating my words tomorrow lol 👍🏻
0 Likes
TheeFai
Student
Options
I can agree with Flight mode usable with Wifi
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe that feature is implemented in with Android 11