Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix OneDrive integration

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 05:13 PM)
Mike202121
Explorer
Options
As it stands, since moving over to OneDrive from Samsung cloud, the onedrive app is unable to backup my camera roll as it resides on my sd card.
The OneDrive app used to work that was but now that it's tied in with the gallery that feature is gone and I'm only able to sync items on my internal storage. How completely absurd that by increasing the integration between OneDrive and Samsung, they've managed to take a step backwards ....
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mike202121 

Are you able to transfer the photos on your SD card to your internal storage and then back them up to OneDrive?

0 Likes
Mike202121
Explorer
Options
I could but that's a huge inconvenience to do that for every photo I take/download. I don't know why it can't just upload directly from sd card
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

It does seem a little strange, @Mike202121. Is there a reason you want to store your photos on your SD card when you're backing them up to OneDrive also?

0 Likes
Mike202121
Explorer
Options
Because I've got the space on the SD card. And as you said, one drive is a backup, a backup of them on my phone. What if I want to view some photos but I have no internet. ?
0 Likes
Mike202121
Explorer
Options
This shouldnt be about why I want to backup photos from my sd card. It's about why I can't.
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We fully understand, @Mike202121. We're just asking so we can get the full picture of what you're wanting to achieve, to see if we're able to offer any further help.

0 Likes
Mike202121
Explorer
Options
Ok that's cool, thank you for looking into it
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mike202121 

Give this a go!: Apps > OneDrive > '+' symbol (top right) > Upload > 3 horizontal lines (top left) > SD Card. This should give you the option to upload the contents of your SD card.

Let us know how you get on!

Mike202121
Explorer
Options
Hey, yeah I can manually upload stuff fine but I'd like to use the feature of it doing it automatically. all the big fuss around moving from Samsung cloud to OneDrive and j can't even use that feature. A feature that was present and working in the OneDrive app before the switch from Samsung cloud