Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First samsung removes headphone jack then adapter does not work

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 05:07 AM)
Raikez
Journeyman
Options

First samsung removes headphone jack then samsung forces us to buy usb type c to aux adapter and now it does not even work . Am one of the guys really pissed off you removed the headphone jack from your phones people say just buy a usb type c to 3.5 adapter i did that now it says this device is not supported . Very good first impression am getting with my galaxy s20 fe 5 g that i paid 8500 kr for 

8 REPLIES 8
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I didnt like it at first, but with the developments in Bluetooth audio devices, i can see nothing but advantages.
No cables, no tugging. Cheap to buy, batteries can last anywhere from 8-16+ hours on a single charge.
If its a style of ear buds then they charge in their cases, so everytime you go to use it they have a full charge. The benefits over wired are endless and far outweigh the advantages of wired which is just "doesn't need to be charged", that's about it.

Once you move over to Bluetooth properly, replace your wired with wireless, you won't look back. Anker is probably the best price to performance brand in terms of wireless audio and powerbanks. I recommend any of their products.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I had the same problem, I used a adapter I already had, got the same message as you. In the end I bought Samsungs own adaptor. You can buy any as long as the USB type c to 3.5 adaptor has a dac chip. Didn't know at the time it wasn't just Samsungs own until someone said on here the other day it can be any as long as it has a dac chip.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
I dont think I would buy if didnt have headphone connection on phone.
0 Likes
PaulMrT
Pathfinder
Options
type c or Bluetooth simple , not really a big deal in this day and age imho
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
The A series phones still have 3.5mm audio jacks, for sure the A71 did as that was my previous phone. It also had Dual SIM + MicroSD which was amazing as I'd only seen Dual SIM Hybrid prior to that and I need dual SIM to get signal at home and at work.

I've been thinking about getting a pair of earphones with USC C connection to alleviate that issue but I've not really looked into any. Mainly because I got a slightly out of my budget pair of Sony 1000x3's or something on an impulse (Sony please name things better) headphones and they blew me away with how good they were that when the new phones were announced, whilst disappointed the option was gone, I realised at that point I hadn't once used my wired earphones since I got the Sony ones. The wired 3.5mm jack earphones weren't cheap either. So I ended up selling them and will stick bluetooth. If they had a slightly higher tier of A series on the hardware and camera side of things, rid the phone of the macro for a zoom for example then I'm absolutely sure i'd have stayed with the A series phones.
0 Likes
Raikez
Journeyman
Options

such bull***** we as customers have to put up with the adapter having a dac chip it should just work with any adapter , But yes gonna see if i can order one with a dac chip but they are expensive doe 

Raikez
Journeyman
Options

am using a bluetooth headset myself its good for when going out or using public transport . But its in ear i want to use my HIFI Sennhieser 58X at home and i cant do that because samsung are greedy and want us to purchase their own adapter that cost 10 cents to manufacture but they sell it for 15euro+ i thought Samsung cared for their customers with s20 fan edition meaning its for the fans i guess nothing changed they still find a way to screw the customers 

Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can buy a bluetooth receiver that can plugs into the aux port, make your hifi wireless
0 Likes