Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Find My Mobile Unwanted Notifications

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 10:32 AM)
Muzz
Explorer
Options

My Galaxy S9 has recently started sending me notification a number of times a day asking me to switch on Find My Mobile.  I don't want to switch it on so do not want these notifications, but when I try to turn notifications for it off, or turn off the app itself, my phone doesn't allow me too.  |Every time I try it asks me to verify my account to prove it's me.  I can't even turn the app off or disable it.

How can I stop these notifications coming through please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Another issue I had was that when I tried to disable the notifications I was asked to verify it was me, but that step never worked.

HOWEVER - Find My Mobile was updated for me over the weekend and now I do not receive the notifications anymore, so hopefully this helps anyone else who had the combination of issues that I had.

It would appear that that Samsung have fixed the issue in the app a lot quicker and more efficiently than I expected them to, so thank you to them 🙂

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Colin273
Student
Options

Exactly the same problem. There seemed to be a lot of chat about an accidental Samsung message on the 20th of December, but nothing since. I get several notifications a day and I can't turn it off

Muzz
Explorer
Options

I'm glad it's not just me 🙂

I did read on a US Samsung forum that some people are seeing the same issue there.  One poster mentioned that product support had told them that they are aware of the issue, but haven't heard anything regarding a fix.

The advice on the US forum was to switch off Find My Mobile, but I don't seem to be able to do that on my phone, when I try it asks me to verify my account, which never seems to work.

JennyW
Student
Options
I have same issue and it's infuriating. I have Find My Mobile switched off (who needs it when locked down at home!) but cannot stop the notifications. I tried resetting the app to factory settings but that didn't work. Come on Samsung, sort this out please.
MrBraga
Journeyman
Options
To disable that notification follow these steps:
1-Tap the notification.
2-Choose to not agree to the terms and conditions.
3#Select the menu in the top-right corner.
4-Choose “Notifications.”
5-Toggle “New Features” to off.

Done :smiling-face:
Colin273
Student
Options

That did it, thanks very much. 

Not a very intuitive route to the toggle imo

Solution
Muzz
Explorer
Options

Another issue I had was that when I tried to disable the notifications I was asked to verify it was me, but that step never worked.

HOWEVER - Find My Mobile was updated for me over the weekend and now I do not receive the notifications anymore, so hopefully this helps anyone else who had the combination of issues that I had.

It would appear that that Samsung have fixed the issue in the app a lot quicker and more efficiently than I expected them to, so thank you to them 🙂

0 Likes