Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature request: SmartThings app serial number, register product

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 10:36 PM)
mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I’d like to add a feature request to the SmartThings app: To be able to see the serial number of my products, and to be able to register them. It would be so much easier. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
KholaI
Options

Hey there @mjustiniano 

Are you referring to registering your products for warranty? If so, not to worry! Pretty much all our products have a standard warranty on them. However, for home appliances, you'd have to register for the 5-year warranty. For more info on our warranty status, please check the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

mjustiniano
Pioneer
Options

Your answer is a bit on the side, but thanks anyways 😊

kardon6
First Poster
Options

Hi There

I am new to Samsung SmartThings. I have added a Washer and was wondering which of these numbers are the Serial Number (S/N)?

Samsung Smart ThingsSamsung Smart Things

KholaI
Options

Hey @kardon6 

The serial number isn't included here, but you'll be able to locate the serial number inside the door of the washing machine.

Shizzle
First Poster
Options

It would be helpful if Smart Things displayed the individual serial numbers of all samsung devices that have been connected to the app. I think this is what @mjustiniano was referring to earlier. 

Jopa2023
First Poster
Options
I agree with Shizzle and mjustiniano. I am also trying to locate the serial number for my washing machine as the sticker inside the door has 'helpfully' been removed. Is there any way I can get this information using Smart Things, or any other method?
0 Likes
Members_80RiIC5
Student
Options

New washing machine.....fitted nicely into a nice recess.  Only to find that when registering for warranty it needs the serial number.  It is NOT inside the front door, so assume on the back and hence I will have to pull the unit out to just retrieve it.  PITA. Samsung...don't tell people it is at the front, when it isn't !  SmartThings tells me everything else, why not the serial number ? 

0 Likes
playalistic_p
Explorer
Options

Need this feature too as the sticker containing the serial number of my new fridge has been removed by whoever.

When can we expect the feature to be implemented in SmartThings?

0 Likes