Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Hub App Crashing on S20 ultra

(Topic created on: 30-12-2020 09:01 PM)
bonzadog
Journeyman
Options
Hi, recently bought a smart fridge freezer, some of the smart functions use the Samsung Family Hub app to sync smartphone with the fridge for things like shopping lists. Downloaded the Family Hub app to use on my S20 ultra but the app keeps crashing, it works on my wife's Galaxy A51. I've tried logging in and out of my Samsung account, clearing cache and data from the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. When I clear down the cache and data the app takes me through permissions, terms of use, then says gathering family information and crashes. After this if I try to open the app it says contacting server and crashes. Looking at the event log it is reporting an error java.lang.nosuchmethoderror 

A quick Google search suggests I'm not alone but haven't seen a solution. Unable to access a lot of the smart features remotely without the app working, any help gratefully received.
3 REPLIES 3
Lacosti4
First Poster
Options
The same phone and the same problem
bonzadog
Journeyman
Options
Have just compared may phone to my wife's, both have the Android Security patch dated 1st Dec 2020 but my software is one UI v3 whereas my wife's is one UI v2
0 Likes
bonzadog
Journeyman
Options
have managed to solve this, contacted the app support via zendesk, they advised me to sign up for beta of the Family Hub app, downloaded beta version of the app and all solved.
0 Likes
(1)