Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset problem with Samsung A71

(Topic created on: 26-12-2020 08:37 AM)
amishmeghani
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have purchased a Samsung A71 handset in September 2020. The problem with the handset is that factory reset happens automatically after every few days and all my data/apps are deleted from the phone.

I have turned off the 'find my device' option.

I have visited the Samsung service centre twice but they have simply refused to acknowledge this problem. As per them, such a problem cannot happen! 

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
FlyingKiwi
Navigator
Options
Hmm some forensic analysis is needed here. What happens if you fight fire with fire and deliberately factory data reset it - ideally using both the key press and within the operating system methods sequentially? Once factory reset this way, don't restore from any backups and for the 'few days' it'd normally take before this automatically happens again, leave the phone in an entirely default condition in terms of not installing any additional apps/software or making configuration changes (ie don't turn off 'find my device' but before doing the factory reset change you password so if someone had been going in that way to initiate the reset, they can't anymore?

The other thing that'll be helpful is if you can think of any app, action or pattern that seems to be associated with this bug? As an example my phone had a problem with Music playback sometimes pausing apparently 'out of the blue' when I'm out walking. On reflection it seemed to be happening roughly in the same locations and on further investigation, those locations turned out to be where the phone changed its connection from one cell tower to another (I observed the signal strength bars while walking in 'the areas').

It must be a very puzzling issue for you but some carefull analysis should get to the bottom of it. If after resetting the device and your password and keeping it default for a few days, it happens again, one other thing you could try is to factory reset it and then swap phones with your partner / anyone you can and have them log on and set it up how they want for a few days does it do the same thing then?
Thedivorcee
Student
Options

Dude!! I mean, Dr Zen!! I WISH I had more critical thinkers in my life like you!! Great advice and your cell tower switching discovery is the "unexplainable" I stumble upon all the time. Like Gibbs says, "I don't believe in coincidences....." 

0 Likes