Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Error when sending files from phone to PC using Samsung Flow and vice versa

(Topic created on: 14-10-2020 09:40 AM)
bati254
Apprentice
Options

I'm able to establish a connection between my Samsung S10+ phone and my PC which runs on Windows 10 Professional but im not able to send any files from the phone to my PC and vice versa . I can send and receive typed text but whenever i try sending a file or an image, the following pop up message is displayed on my PC: "You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the Samsung Flow Folder (error code: 0x80070005)."

I do not have any antivirus installed on my PC and all permissions and exceptions are granted by the firewall for the Samsung flow app. I dont understand this! Please help

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
@bati254: I recommend using Smart Switch for PC to transfer files and backup your existing data. Simply download the relevant version from the link below, open the software, connect your phone via USB cable and you should be good to go.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch
bati254
Apprentice
Options

Does smart switch accept wireless transfer of files between phone and PC? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@bati254: It is only possible to connect via USB cable, I'm afraid.
0 Likes
sandymo
Pioneer
Options

Maybe you can try a third Samsung mobile manager program to help you transfer files from Samsung S10+ to pc and vice versa. You can use it via wifi connecting. With its help, you can easily export/import data from/to Samsung S10+ on computer. It's easy to use. After installed it on your computer, start it. Connect your Samsung S10+ via wifi. A short time scanning later, you can do the data transfer directly.

Solution
Zaph
First Poster
Options

Go to the Samsung Flow setting on your computer. Change the the "Downloads Folder" directory to "My Documents," create a new folder and name it. You should not see the error message. It worked for me.

bati254
Apprentice
Options

This has worked perfect after such a long time with no success. Simple and easy to follow. Many thanks!!!! Im extremely grateful

freedomjourney
First Poster
Options

YES! After 1.5 hours trying permissions, and MS support chat FINALLY! Thnakl You!

So can samsung do some fix to avoid this issue?

Thx anyway Marcus

ikaros-setup
First Poster
Options

thanks for solution, works for me.

First I tried like a fool to change folder on Samsung device, but has not worked 😜

You have to change folder on COMPUTER.

That a such a big compamny as Samsung do not prepare so simple thinks in his software so it will work without problems is not understandable.

p-Singh-Parmar
First Poster
Options

To send files from your samsung phone to pc....instead of clicking plus button on phone, go to gallery and direct share the picture from gallery using share button then clicking on samsung flow.

0 Likes