Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency bypass while silent

(Topic created on: 23-07-2021 01:42 AM)
misslessevil
Student
Options

How do I set certain bypass when my phone is on vibrate or silent. I would like to have certain contacts ring no matter what setting my phone is on 

21 REPLIES 21
Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Try settings -> notifications ~> do not disturb ~> exceptions.

Also have a look at
Settings ~> Notifications -> do not disturb ~> advanced settings ~> wireless emergency alerts. Good luck
misslessevil
Student
Options

DND and vibrate/silent notifications are completely different. Looking to get calls and messages from certain contacts when the phone is on vibrate or sile6

Flintstone
Voyager
Options
Sorry thought you were using do-not-disturb, you could use the DND instead of silent (would have the same result) not sure how to have vibration for 'normal' calls and ringing for special contacts.
0 Likes
Munky64
Student
Options

The point is we want it to do this even while on vibrate or silent not just when it's set to DND I almost ALWAYS have my phone on vibrate but I would like it to still ring or notify for my parents & children no matter what setting. It's def DOABLE because APPLE does it .. Why @samsung are you basically forcing people who otherwise LOVE your product (I would way prefer my Note to an Apple) to move away from it for an emergency situation that you totally could fix?? 😒🤬

Anon123456
Apprentice
Options

Exactly! Totally agree. If you are utilizing silent or vibration, you should still have emergency ring through or ring through capability for certain contacts. Do not disturb is a whole different beast and not optimal. I love my Samsung phones but it is totally ridiculous for this feature. 

Ulvarin
Journeyman
Options

i know noone care but its 2023 and still this option is not available....

The way im doing that is silient ringtone, ive just generated 10s .mp3 of pure silence and set it as my main ringtone.
For contacts i do want sound i use another one.

Its ANNOYING because you can not turn the rigngtone on in 1 sec as before to everyone but yea... samsung cant do better on s23ultra i guess.

AndrewL
Options

@Ulvarin: While this has been highlighted in previous replies in this thread, you can achieve the set up you've mentioned via Do Not Disturb mode. 

To begin with, head to the Contacts app, tap on a contact that you would like the phone to ring for, then tap the star in the bottom left to add them as a favourite. Repeat this process for all relevant contacts, then head to Settings > Notifications > Do not disturb > On > Exceptions > Calls, messages and conversations > Calls > Favourite contacts only. 

Set your remaining exceptions, should you have any, and this will mute all calls and alerts, except for your chosen contacts. Once this has been set up, you can leave it as a permanent feature of your device, and toggle it off with ease via the swipe-down notification panel. 

0 Likes
Novason
Apprentice
Options

This does not work, at least not in Samsungs latest OS. 

Also, there are no longer e "exceptions menu/section" under "Do not disturb" there is just a menu saying "Allowed during Do not disturb"

I have set "Calls and messages" to "Favourite contacts only" there and and even tried "All" but when the phone (Galaxy S21) is in Silent mode (with the Do not disturb active) the phone still does not ring

AndrewL
Options

@Novason: Keep the same Do not disturb settings that you have now, but put the phone in 'Sound' mode. Do not disturb will mute all incoming calls, but will ring for your exceptions.