Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email app crashing

(Topic created on: 01-04-2022 04:05 PM)
Blacks
Explorer
Options

Initially i enjoyed the offerings of the Samsung Email app, however suddenly it just stopped and then after a few moments - crashed.

It still continues to so this which is so annoying as It offers a lot considering the wonderful simplicity of the app itself.

I have tried all the usual things, re-install ect, but no luck. 

Any ideas please? thank yoiu

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
StephK1
Options

Hi @Blacks, not sure if this would be possible to do before the app crashes, but have you tried reducing the amount of emails that the app is syncing? With this lightening the tasks that the app has to perform, it could be useful to help prevent crashes. You can do this in the Email app > 3 line menu > Settings > Tap on your account > Email sync period. 

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
Get rid of the email app and use 3rd party. I use Spark email.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use Outlook, which is free too
0 Likes
Blacks
Explorer
Options

Thank you ken87 and robot for the suggestions folks, I have used both of those in the past, but one of the handy things about the Samsung email app is that you can add an email to the calendar with pretty much one click, whereas other apps I think do not do that. The Samsung support directly from the email app was next to useless unfortunately, any response I got was so unhelpful. A shame as I do like to use the 'stock' progs where possible.   Also with the outlook app there are several  functions that do not work if using a IMAP account, snooze email et cetera, although it does have a focused inbox which i found useful.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try settings, apps, Samsung Email and clear the cache.
0 Likes
Blacks
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it but sadly no fix.

It opens and allows one operation, for example writing and sending a mail, then when attempting another opp or even just trying to go back to the main app 'home' page -it becomes unresponsive. Then eventually the message appears saying "close app or wait", then it just closes anyway. When first using the app it did not do this, then suddenly it started after a few days of use.

0 Likes
Solution
StephK1
Options

Hi @Blacks, not sure if this would be possible to do before the app crashes, but have you tried reducing the amount of emails that the app is syncing? With this lightening the tasks that the app has to perform, it could be useful to help prevent crashes. You can do this in the Email app > 3 line menu > Settings > Tap on your account > Email sync period. 

Blacks
Explorer
Options

Hi, Thanks for the help on that, but will the older emails still remain on my server ? I guess they will but thought best to check first.

Thanks again, much appreciated

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

They will, @Blacks. This won't delete any of your emails from the server.

0 Likes
Blacks
Explorer
Options

Hello again,

I uninstalled and re-installed the app again, this time though leaving the sync to the default of 2 weeks. I am wondering if i had tweaked the setting previously and as you mentioned it was screwing things up possibly?  I will see what happens and let you guys know, will give it a few days nto see how it goes. Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes