Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a workout with the Samsung Health App (Android)

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 07:45 AM)
GREGGPLU
Journeyman
Options

I was hoping to use my Galaxy Watch Active 2 to track a kayaking workout. Unfortunately, it isn't one of the workout options on the watch. After searching for a way to track kayaking, I read a recommendation to set the watch to bicycling, and then it would use GPS to track the distance and the watch would track duration, etc. Then, after using the bicycling option, the recommender said to use the Samsung Health app to edit the workout from bicycling to kayaking, which is one of the workout types listed with the app. I tried doing this but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit workouts.

Can someone explain how to change a completed workout from bicycling to kayaking?

Thanks,

Gregg

42 REPLIES 42
Melinda42
First Poster
Options

Is this still correct? When I click on the Workout section it only shows past workouts. No where does it allow me to select an exercise to add. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Melinda42: Please open the Samsung Health app on your watch, swipe upwards or downwards, open the exercise tracker screen and tap 'Workout'. From here you can tap the 3 dots next to the exercise type you want to access the details, or tap the exercise itself to start exercising immediately. If you can't see the exercise type you want, tap on 'More Workouts' to find additional options. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
JillG
First Poster
Options

I hv just changed from Fitbit to samsung active 2 & my 1st swim incorrectly recorded pool length and 25m when in fact I wad swimming a 50m pool. Its a big surprise that the watch didnt correctly auto detect the pool length or alternatively give me the option to edit in the stats. The old fitbit had the options. I'd hv to say that I wish I'd stayed with Fitbit .. it's smarter, nicer, easier, to use.

olavjunior
Journeyman
Options

But there's no option to add eg Crosscountry skiing or skiing, or other outdoor activities that tracks GPS? This is too bad!

olavjunior
Journeyman
Options

Please add the opportunity to edit a workout! Often I forget to stop it, and I have to edit the length afterwards. Deleting and adding a new manually is not the same, then you don't get heart data, nor GPS.  Google fit/Wear can do this

micky2be
First Poster
Options

Seriously, I don't understand why you can't edit at least the time.

Almost every time I forget to stop the workout and end up with 5min of useless resting data.

I don't even see any technical difficulty to let users trim the data.

robal1991
Apprentice
Options

But I cannot manually add a workout that is older than 6 years... Why? I wanted to move all my workouts from another application.

Momewrath
Apprentice
Options

I do acknowledge that samsung health can't do everything, but the ability to make edits to an activity is a basic function I would expect to be offered.  Sometimes I have forgotten to stop an activity and I seem to be unable to go back and edit the duration of that activity.  Yesterday I am recorded as having done an hour and a half of yoga when I only did 20mins or so.  But I can't fix it manually.  This is basic functionality anyone would expect to have.

Station
Journeyman
Options

Watch4, and there still seems no way to edit workouts. Me, too, often forget to stop the timer. Like that, get completely false results, and workouts cannot be compared, I cannot track progress. Also, I have automatic tracking enabled, it kind of works, but makes mistakes. Went on a bike ride, was tracked as running. Should be easy to fix by changing the workout type ... no way. I wasted some time looking how to do it, before finding this thread. Disappointing.

Members_V8Jgzlz
First Poster
Options

Same opinion. Seems too poor for such device.