Did you mean: 

Dynamic Island for Android

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 04:28 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi 
Lovely people 

Just saw Sakitech (youtuber) showcasing this app on how to get the iPhone 14 dynamic island ( dynamic spot) on your android phone. Available in the Google store.

Seemed pretty cool and thought I'd share it with you guys if it interests some of you.

I personally won't be downloading or installing it as I don't won't to loose the top space on my phone and in no way promoting it or affiliated with it.

Those feeling brave and installed it do let us know how it goes .

9 REPLIES 9
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
I've got it on my A53 5G. Purchased the pro version. Works excellent as the developer is always tweaking/adding new features to the app.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks for the update.

Are you happy with extra amount of space it's taking on your phone?
pepsikennedy
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, I'm happy with it. Worth every penny 👌. It's still in development but he's always updating it. Looks cool when the pop up arrives and you can expand the notifications.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Folk interested can let us know how it goes, do not think I am that keen to go for it myself.  May not always work perfectly  mind you https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/22/23366972/android-dynamic-island-spot-app-androidos 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Bradley0316
Pioneer
Options
I downloaded it recently, and
although the developer has done a great job, it's actually pretty pointless. Everything it shows can be just as easily accessed via the notification shade and at times the island covers over icons on your taskbar, depending on what and how many icons you currently have.
Each to their own, but not for me
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wasn't dynamic island, Apples way of covering that huge notch?
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
It is reminiscent of lg v20's second screen. But I don't get the excitement really.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
😂😂 Yeah you're right. It's their way of trying to make something that looks hideous.. useful!
0 Likes
LOTHM
First Poster
Options

Genuinely would use the app,but it seems pointless for me in the regard that I cannot disable Pop-up notifications right now. 

Using the Samsung Note 20, disabled every app under the "included app" tab as well as just disableing some apps under "recent" that are the main ones sending notifications, but still the issue persists that I get notification pop ups 

0 Likes