Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading from Samsung Gallery to my Mac

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 07:15 PM)
Danae1
Apprentice
Options

Since Samsung Cloud is deleting all my Gallery images at the end of September, I am in the process of downloading them to my Mac. 

I downloaded the first 30 files smoothly with no problems. As soon as I reached the 34th file, the download kept slowing down and failing. I tried closing Chrome, clearing my browser's cookies and cache, closing all other tabs/apps open but nothing works.

I have about 100 files to download before the end of September and it seems like I am unable to do so.

Any idea what could be done to resolve this issue? Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you :smiling-face:

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@Danae1: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your device? I think the best approach would be to back up the the photos via a cloud service such as OneDrive of Google Drive, then access the account on your Mac to retrieve the photos. It may be the case that they're already backed up to Google Photos, so in the meantime please sign into your Google Account on your Mac via the link below, and you may find an archive of your images here.

https://www.google.com/photos/about/

Danae1
Apprentice
Options

The issue is that I cannot even download my photos. Samsung cloud isn't working at all. I am trying to download these images on a Desktop using Chrome but every time I download a single 400MB file it keeps failing. These photos have been deleted from my phone and are only available on the desktop version and I can't download them. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Danae1
Apprentice
Options

I just checked the google photos link you sent over and none of my pictures are there, so I really need to get them from Samsung Cloud. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Danae1: I'm sorry that those steps didn't help. Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of your phone? In the meantime, swipe up from your Home Screen and open My Files. Can you see a prompt at the top of the screen to 'Make the switch to OneDrive'?