Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DND 2.0: Limit notifications per app, let Samsung users focus.

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 10:32 AM)
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

While the amount of apps is growing and sending more and more notifications, it would be great if you can control the amount of notifications per app.

Just an example: Your mobile is on purpose not on silent, because you want to be available for calls. But suppose an app like Whatsapp keeps sending you group messages and you don't read it immediately, do you really need a new "beep" for every next message?

For this it would be great if you can set the amount of notifications of every app to a maximum 1 of 2, whatever you like. Do you receive more notifications? No worries, you won't be disturbed and you can keep focussing. Just read them later when you have the time.

Practically this could be an advanced do not disturb mode. What do you think of this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Surely the apps should have that ability? I don't see how DND can cherry pick what notifications an app can send without full integration. Most social media apps can't even get it right to work with Android 11.

0 Likes
Ququka
Pioneer
Options

I wish apps had it. Besides it's not only about Whatsapp, it's about all apps that keep requesting our valuable time. It would be great if DND could only give once a signal if an app sents a notification, but not bother us with the follow-up requests while you try to focus on something else.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May there would be some demand, however would not be be so easy in practice.   Personally I only set notifications for selected apps and check others at my leisure,I only use DND occasionally.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes