Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEX on screen keyboard toggle having no effect

(Topic created on: 08-07-2021 02:39 PM)
Connorsdad
First Poster
Options

I have the Samsung 27" M50A smart monitor connected to my S21 phone wirelessly for dex with a wireless keyboard and mouse connected to the monitor (usb). The onscreen keyboard will not go away despite the toggle switched to off, only option is to have it show either on the phone or the monitor which is very annoying. I think it's because the keyboard is connected to the monitor itself and not the phone but theres no way connectingthe keyboard wirelessly to the phone without the aid of a dock.

Any ideas folks please ?

Edit

Same issue with the "flow pointer to phone screen" toggle, this doesn't work either, I cannot get the pointer to go across to the phone screen. Having spent a small fortune on this setup to say I'm a little annoyed is an under statement, both samsung products designed for each other and yet don't work correctly together 😕

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Members_v813RP8
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue and managed to find the solution. First off all u should have the "show on-screen keyboard" set to off. 

Then when the keyboard pops up, press the following button to change it to the small floating mode:

Screenshot_20231227_001737_Chrome.jpg

Then press the X icon and it wont pop up anymore. If u do want it to pop up again, u can press the keyboard icon in ur taskbar. Ur welcome :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20231227_001746_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes